Developer Promises “Quality” Facebook Game With Line Pirates
Being an observer of the gaming industry, we’ve had our fair share of big promises by companies that come out with actual games that fall short of the promise they earlier has set (sorry lance, but I bet to disagree with your review). Not surprisingly, with Facebook becoming one of the biggest gaming platform (in terms of people playing games) out there, I am not surprised that we have someone promising a “Quality Game” for Facebook.
Of course, with this claim I instinctively raised my eyebrows and looked at the claim cynically. Kim Lumbard of Spudnugget Studios recently informed of his Kickstarter project, Line Pirates and claims in his video (as seen below) to bring quality gaming to the social networking site.
So here’s a rundown of what Line Pirates is:
- Great strategy and replay value from Collectible Card Games
- Gripping storyline and evolving characters from Role-Playing Games
- Cooperative teams and scripted boss fights from MMOs
- Real competition and fast PvP from Real-Time Strategy
Aside from the above mentioned features, the game also accommodates real-world gaming in providing you with:
- Playstyle for your Lifestyle, made for busy people. You can play in short snippets, adjourn, and pickup games at your convenience
- Real Appeal, to both women and men, adults and teenagers. Though each play session is short, the story and complexity grow over time
- Genuine Accomplishment. We aim to give players a feeling of mastery and success in addition to engaging entertainment
Seems like a tall order right? However it seems that Kim Lumbard and the team know what they want, and know how to get there (even with the cheesy promotional video). The Kickstarter goal is set to $374,484 and as of this post the project has 20 backers and the amount they collected is at $1,996.
If you want to find out more about the project you can visit the kickstarter project site.