Balancing work and relaxation is a very tricky task – especially since most people have been working remotely ever since the pandemic. If you do not relax properly and use the right tools, then you are at a risk of burning out. You can watch some Netflix or play some free slot games with bonus features at an online casino in the middle of work to relax.
By leveraging the right digital tools and embracing the right time management techniques, you can become more productive and effective. It is very important to remember to take a breather every now and then. Digital tools help a lot.
Here is a list of some apps and digital tools that will help you to be more productive at work. The apps have been arranged according to their function. You will find that they will give you a productivity boost.
Digital Tools for Scheduling and Planning
Here are some of the best digital tools that will help you to schedule and plan your tasks in the most efficient way. By leveraging the potential of these tools, you will be able to improve your productivity and finish off your tasks quickly.
- Notion: Notion is one of the best productivity apps available on the internet today. It is a collaboration platform that many organizations and institutions are using to make their work more efficient. From the app store/Notion website, you can download a free version of the software for individual use.
- Toggl Plan: Toggl Plan is the ideal planning tool for managers who find it difficult to focus on all the aspects of their organization at the same time. It comes with a lot of amazing features such as checklists, project progress reports, etc. You can also integrate other apps directly.
- Google Keep: Last but not the least, Google Keep is one of the best digital tools that you can use for reminders, notes, to-do lists, personal tasks and much more. Keep can now be directly integrated with your web browser as well. You can download the Keep app for free.
Time Management Apps for Productivity
Here are some of the best time management tools that will help you avoid wasting time on fruitless tasks. By using these tools, you will be able to structure your work and non-work hours in the most efficient way possible and maximise your total productivity.
- Todoist: Todoist is a time management platform that will help you to maintain a list of all the projects and tasks that you have to take care of. You can also attach tags, deadlines, reminders, etc. to these tasks. It is available for use on both your computers and phones.
- Google Calendar: Sometimes, the simplest solution is the most effective one. Google Calendar is freely available for use on all Android devices – and it is one of the best ways to sync up all of your tasks and engagements. It is one of the best time management apps out there.
- nTask: nTask is a time management and productivity app that was initially released as a project management tool. However, it has since become one of the best tools available currently in the market for time tracking and management. This tool is available for free for use on computers or phones.
Mindfulness Apps for Productivity
In the middle of a hectic workday, it is also very important for you to take some time off for your mental health and well being. Mindfulness is very important to achieve, which is why you need to make use of these amazing mindfulness apps also.
- Forest: Forest is a wonderful app that is available for use on your phone. Most of the time, the major source of distraction for most people is their phone. Forest is a lovely app that provides you with the incentive to stay away from your phone and increases your mindfulness.
- Headspace: Even in the middle of a hectic day, you simply have to put aside 10 minutes to sit and catch your breath. Simply doing this will keep you from burning out. This is why Headspace provides one of the best tools that will help you to meditate and relax.
- myNoise: One of the biggest side effects of overwork and stress is insomnia. You need to sleep well if you want to be productive. Science has shown that white noise is a very effective method of inducing sleep. myNoise is an amazing digital tool that will help you to relax.
Note-Taking Tools for Productivity
Taking notes and journaling is also a very clever way of being productive. By clearly structuring your tasks, you can enhance your productivity. You need something more than a simple memo app – which is why you should go through this list of the best note-taking tools.
- Google Docs: One of the simplest ways to take notes is to use Google Docs. Google Docs has a very easy to use interface and it will also sync up all your files directly on the cloud. That is why it is one of the best tools for taking notes.
- Goodnotes: If you are using an Apple device such as an iPad or a MacBook, then this tool is just ideal for taking notes. If you have a good iPad and an Apple Pencil, then you can also use Goodnotes to take notes, annotate your reading material and much more.
- Evernote: Evernote is also a really good note-taking app that you can use to arrange and structure all of the notes you take. It doesn’t matter if it’s a routine task or dedicated time to play slots for fun at an online casino.
Tools for Effective Communication
It is also very important to communicate effectively with your team members if you want to be productive and effective. While email and texting apps are fine, sometimes specialized comm channels need to be developed for max productivity. Here are the most useful tools for you.
- Slack: Slack is a communication framework that can effectively replace the use of emails inside your organization. It is one of the best collaboration and communication platforms and can be fully integrated with all kinds of third-party applications. You can also use this tool to set up reminders and chats.
- Discord: Even though Discord was primarily meant for gamers to talk, it can be used for teaching, collaboration and more. It is also completely free – so all you need to do is set up a server and add all your team members. It is the ideal tool for effective outreach.
- Shift: Shift will help you to streamline your communication by integrating your Outlook, Gmail and Office 365 accounts into one centralized place. You can just “shift” between the apps and communicate effectively with your entire team. This tool is also available for all kinds of platforms – from computers to phones.
Leveraging the Helpful Pomodoro Technique
The Pomodoro technique is an amazing time management technique developed by a person called Francesco Cirillo in the mid 1980s. The principle of the Pomodoro technique is to break up your workday into 25-minute intervals. Each of these intervals is called a “pomodoro”, which is the Italian word for “tomato”.
Cirillo used a tomato kitchen timer while he was a student – which is why this technique is called the Pomodoro technique. This is a wonderful way to boost your time management skills. Using apps like Forest will help you to leverage this amazing time-management technique.
This is effectively all you need to know about the best digital tools that can boost your productivity and attention. Making use of proper time management practices will also help you to finish all of your tasks on time. You should also use the mindfulness apps to meditate and take a break every now and again. With the help of these tools, you can improve your work quality.