With our recent post regarding Torchlight II finally open to players for pre-order, I decided to create a game feature with the idea that there is still a lot of players out there who have not heard what Torchlight II or even Torchlight is. So here’s a brief rundown of the game before you guys get too hung up with Diablo III (which of course we all know is already open for pre-orders).
- Developer: Runic Games
- Distributor: Perfect World Entertainment
- Platform: PC
- Mode: Single Player/Multiplayer
Torchlight II takes you once more into the quirky, fast-paced world of bloodthirsty monsters, bountiful treasures, and sinister secrets – and, once again, the fate of the world is in your hands!
Torchlight II captures all the flavor and excitement of the original game – while expanding the world and adding the features players wanted most, including online and LAN co-op multiplayer. Torchlight II is fast, fun, and filled to the brim with action and loot. Adventure solo or online with your friends!
- Multiplayer – Play co-op with your friends via LAN or over the Internet for free. No subscriptions, no item sales. Our new matchmaking service lets you find friends, start new games, and join existing games. And, as always, you can play single-player offline as well.
- Customizable Characters – Players will create and customize a character from one of four brand new classes. Each class can be played as either male or female, with customized cosmetic features and looks to make each individual character stand out. All new skills and loot give loads of opportunity for unique character builds.
- Moddability – TorchED, the Torchlight II editor, will give players the ability to create their own mods, adding even more content to the world. Have your friends download the same mod and play together.
- New User Interface – Torchlight II boasts a new and improved user interface, designed to be easier than ever for new players to pick up and play. This intuitive interface ensures you can focus on playing the game the way you want to.
- Open World – We’re not only in the town of Torchlight anymore! Explore vast overland areas and multiple hub towns, fight through rain, snow, day and night. Our level randomization ensures new layouts, paths, loot, and monsters every time you play.
- New Game Plus – In New Game Plus, the game’s not over until you say it is. Once you’ve beaten Torchlight II’s primary campaign, you can start again with the same character for a significantly greater challenge. You’ll keep all of the skills, gold, and gear you worked so hard for!
- Pets and Fishing – Look for all new pets in Torchlight II, the wolf, panther, domestic cat, hawk, chakawary, bulldog, and unannounced pets. Players will choose a pet to accompany them. Pets can level up along with the player, and will help in battle, learn spells, carry items, and perform a variety of support services.
This game may be your alternative to Diablo III since Torchlight II doesn’t require you to be online most of the time. It also has the LAN connectivity feature set up which was removed (sadly) from Diablo III.
Here are some screenshots of the game:
If you want to know more about the game, you can visit the Torchlight II official site and see what else the game has that might pique your interest.