Gaming online has become extremely popular in recent history. Millions log onto the internet each day to test their skills against people from all over the world. There is an abundance of games available, from sports games to shoot-em-ups.
It’s not just gaming itself that has seen a large increase in recent years, but gambling on online gaming has also become a very popular pastime. Some like to bet money on themselves while gaming online while others watch people gaming and place money on who they feel is going to win. There are plenty of platforms like Twitch and YouTube that allow users to stream games for free. Websites like Vamos GG allow users to stream live games and gamble on the outcome.
Online gaming is so popular you can bet and play online every day of the week at any time. Unlike other sports that can only be played during certain seasons, only gaming can be played day or night, without being affected by the weather conditions.
The multi-billion-dollar gaming industry is so big that it now generates more money than the film and the music industry.
Plenty of Choices
There are so many different games available nowadays, you are highly likely to find one that suits you. Along with gambling on these games, players can also win prize money. Some of the best gamers in the world have become multi-millionaires from gaming. Here are some of the most popular games available on the market today:
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive: This first-person shooter was released in 2012 and is still a very popular choice amongst gamers today. There are over 13,000 professional counter-strike players and the prize money awarded since the game’s release date has been over $100 million. There have been over 5,000 official counter strike official tournaments. This game is for people aged 16 years old and over.
- League of Legends: This multiplayer online battle arena was released in October 2009 and still is a very popular game today. With just under 3,000 professional tournaments held since the game’s release, there are now over 7,000 paid professionals. There has been almost $80 million dollars prize money issued to the tournament’s champions.
- Fortnite: If you haven’t heard of Fortnite by now you must have been living under a rock. This popular battle royal game was released in July 2017. The game allows a maximum of 100 gamers to play against each other on a large map. There have been over 600 professional tournaments held with almost $100 million dollars in prize money. The game is free to download and is available on Windows, Linux, Playstation, and XBOX.
There are plenty of other genres available. Sports games like Fifa 2021 allow players to enjoy probably the best soccer game on the planet. There is a wide range of card games and puzzles also available.
Many Casinos are Closed due to the Pandemic
The ongoing pandemic has had a devastating effect on the traditional casino industry. Most casinos around the world were forced to shut their doors to help reduce the spread of the deadly virus. Although some have reopened to the public, many still remain shut. Even with the casinos that are open, management has had to enforce serious regulations and rules to help the virus from spreading. Customers are expected to practice social distancing, wear masks and make sure the gambling equipment they are using is constantly sanitized. Most punters feel it’s not the same as it once was, so many opt to gamble online from the comfort of their own home.
Although gambling on online games is nowhere near as popular as gambling on sports, it’s an industry that is growing very fast. People have found it really exciting gambling on some of the best professional gamers on the planet, while others like to spend their hard-earned money gambling on themselves.
Many of us have felt bored during the pandemic. Unable to go outdoors and meet up with friends and family, so gambling on gaming has brought much-needed excitement to our lives.
People of all Ages Gamble and Play Online
There is an increasing amount of older people getting involved in online gaming. Experts have advised older people especially to take extra care during the pandemic, as they are in the high-risk category. Some elderly folk enjoyed going to bridge competitions, bingo nights, and poker tournaments, however, due to the pandemic most of these have been canceled. Older people have found online gaming a great way to play games and interact with others online.
Not only have we seen a major increase in older people who partake in online games, but we have also seen a rise in the amount of money they have been spending on online betting.
You can Play and Watch Games on Lots of Devices
If you grew up in the 1990s the only people that could play games were those lucky enough to have a computer or games console in their house. These devices often cost a lot of money and the games were not cheap either.
Nowadays, you have plenty of options such as:
- Smart device: Whether you use an Android or Apple device you will have access to a wide array of games. Some are completely free to download, others you have to pay a fee and some have in-game fees. You can use the device to stream live games too.
- Playstation: Sony has just released the new Playstation 5 to the market. The Playstation 4 is still extremely popular. You can download the games online through the Playstation store, stream your games on Twitch and other streaming platforms and play online against thousands of users each day.
- XBOX: Microsoft’s XBOX is another major player in the gaming industry these days. This highly advanced gaming console allows users to download games online, and play other games from all around the world.
- PC: Whether you use Linux, Windows, or another operating system, there is a wide range of games available for a computer. The better graphics card you use the better your computer will perform.
Along with one of these devices you need to have a fast internet connection. Without having a reliable connection, expect your game to appear sluggish when you are playing online. This will make your gaming experience frustrating and there is a high chance you will be removed from the game.
Although you can still purchase games for a lot of money, there are many that are free. Some offer you a limited amount of access to the game while others give users a trial period. This allows users to experience the game before they spend money purchasing the full games.
Some games like Fortnite are completely free to download and play. There are certain areas of the game where you have to pay money if you want to unlock cosmetics, however, these don’t affect the user’s gameplay whatsoever.
So, if you are considering getting into online gaming, why not download a demo of a free game to see what you think. There are plenty of tutorials on streaming platforms like YouTube to help you learn the ropes.