Google’s Android Wear 2.0 has rolled out for many smart watches on the market. Although I’m a lifelong fan of Casio, and regularly write reviews like the G-Shock watch guide, we still list here all the Smart Watches that will receive this update and some important things you need to know.
What’s New with Android Wear 2.0
- New interface based on Material Design.
- Flatter icons.
- Darker themes.
- More readable interface.
- Notifications is better than before.
- Appearing as a small icon that you can tap to expand.
- Easier and smoother navigation.
- You now also send messages and type out notes from your wrist with the new keyboard that you simply swipe across to type, handwriting, or dictating with your voice.
Introduction of Complication Feature
- A new feature called Complication is added with Android Wear 2.0
- This are tiny widgets, which could monitor the battery life, activity goals, calendar events or any number of other things to your watch face, so you can always see them at a glance.
Android Wear Voice Recognition
- Android Wear 2.0 also introduces the addition of Google Assistant.
- This is the new and improved version of Google’s voice-controlled AI.
- Assistant can now understand context, allowing you to ask follow-up questions.
Built-In Google Play Store
- Android Wear 2.0 has now its own version of the Google Play Store built-in directly from your watch.
- Makes adding apps on your watch that are not on your phone.
- New faces can now be downloaded directly to your smartwatch.
List of All Android Watches Getting Android Wear 2.0
- Moto 360 Sport
- Asus ZenWatch 2
- Fossil Q Wander
- Asus ZenWatch 3
- LG G Watch R
- LG Watch Urbane
- Fossil Q Founder
- Huawei Watch
- Moto 360 (2015)
- Moto 360 for Women
- New Balance RunIQ
- Polar M600
- Michael Kors Access Bradshaw
- Michael Kors Access Dylan
- Nixon Mission
- Casio Smart Outdoor Watch
- LG Watch Urbane 2nd Edition LTE
- Casio PRO TREK Smart
- TAG Heuer Connected
List of smartwatches that will not be eligible for the upgrade.
- The LG G Watch (the original version)
- Motorola’s first-gen Moto 360
- Sony Smartwatch 3