Kingston is back in CES once again this time around holding a couple of tournaments together with revealing a new set of products for consumers this 2014.
On the highlight of Kingston’s press release is the new DataTraveler Locker G3, a secure flash drive but what we’re really interested in are the tourneys going down namely the DOTA2 tournament and HyperX overclocking event.
To further make mouths drool, Kingston will also be unveiling new additions to the HyperX product line with the new HyperX Fury memory modules and HyperX Cloud headset.
See the full press release below for more details:
Kingston, the independent world leader in memory products, today announced the launch of theÂ DataTravelerÂ®Â Locker+ G3 (DTLPG3) USB 3.0 Flash driveÂ for personal securityÂ during theÂ 2014 International Consumer Electronics ShowÂ (CES) in Las Vegas, Nev.Â Kingston will showcaseÂ exciting new products and technologies coming this yearÂ and holdthe live finalÂ competitionÂ forÂ KingstonÂ Dota 2Â andÂ HyperX OC TakeoverÂ contest during theÂ 2014 CES.
Kingstonâ€™s DataTraveler Locker+ G3 password protects and hardware encrypts data giving consumers the best in personal security with USB 3.0 speed. The DTLPG3 boasts higher speeds than the previous generation DataTraveler Locker+ G2, with read speeds up to 135MB/s and write speeds up to 40MB/s. All the security is built in with no application installation required making this drive very secure and easy to use.
â€œWe are excited to offer a USB 3.0 drive for personal security where consumers can keep their data safe,â€ said Nathan Su, Flash Memory Sales Director, APAC Region, Kingston. â€œThis is a great product for someone looking to store their sensitive personal documents on a safe, easy to use and nicely designed USB drive all at an affordable price.â€
DataTraveler Locker+ G3Â is available in 8GB, 16GB, 32GB and 64GB capacitiesÂ and is backed by a five-year warranty, free live technical support and legendary Kingston reliability.
In addition to theÂ newly released DataTravelerÂ® Locker+ G3 USB 3.0 Flash drive, Kingston will demo upcoming products and technologies:
- TheÂ LSI SF3700 Flash ControllerÂ allows higher performance, reliability and endurance. Kingston will show various form-factor solutions to be released this year as part of its SSDNowÂ family.
- 384GBÂ of working 2133MT/sÂ DDR4 Registered DIMMsÂ at 1.2v.
- Overclocking small form factorÂ PCs (IntelÂ®Â NUC, Gigabyteâ„¢Â Brix, and ZotacÂ®Â ZBOX) usingÂ HyperX Plug-n-Play SO-DIMMs.
- High-end HyperX memoryÂ will be used to process 4K video technology using Battlefield 4 and video shot from a GoProÂ®HERO3+ Black Edition camera.
- HyperX Cloud headsetÂ preview.
- HyperX Fury memory lineÂ preview.
KingstonÂ willÂ alsoÂ hold the live finals for its Dota 2 and overclocking global contest during the 2014 CES.Â For more information please visitÂ http://finals.d2l.gg/Â &Â http://hwbot.org/competition/hyperxhot13.
Kingston informationÂ at CES 2014
- Date:Â January 7th to 9th, 2014
- Location: Emperors I and II Ballroom at Caesars Palace
- Address: 3570 South Las Vegas Blvd., Las Vegas, NV 89109
Kingston DataTraveler Locker+ G3 Features and Specifications:
- Hardware encryption:Â the best in personal security to keep your data safe
- Superior password protection:Â user sets a password to prevent unauthorized access
- Easy to use:Â no application installation required
- Versatile:Â works interchangeably between Mac OS X and Windows systems
- Secure:Â drive locks down and reformats after 10 invalid login attempts
- Stylish:Â durable metal casing with built-in key loop
- Co-Logo Program available*:Â customize DataTraveler Locker+ G3 by adding your logo and/or digital files and instantly increase your organizationâ€™s brand recognition. The Customization Program offers unique packaging, custom profiles, color adjustments, content loading and more, all with easy and convenient ordering.
- Supports:Â WindowsÂ®Â 8, WindowsÂ®Â 7, VistaÂ®, XP & Mac OS X
- Guaranteed:Â five-year warranty with free technical support
- Capacities**:Â 8GB, 16GB, 32GB, 64GB
- Speed***:Â USB 3.0 speed:Â Â Â 8GB: 80MB/s read, 10MB/s write
- 16GB: 135MB/s read, 20MB/s write
- 32GBâ€“64GB: 135MB/s read, 40MB/s write
- USB 2.0 speed:Â Â 8GB: 30MB/s read, 10MB/s write
- 16GBâ€“64GB: 30MB/s read, 20MB/s write
- Dimensions:Â 60.56mm x 18.6 mm x 9.75 mm
Minimum System Requirements:
-Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â USB 3.0 compliant and 2.0 compatible
-Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Two (2) free consecutive drive letters required for use****
- Operating Temperature:Â 32Â°F to 140Â°F (0Â°C to 60Â°C)
- Storage Temperature:Â -4Â°F to 185Â°F (-20Â°C to 85Â°C)
* Minimum quantity required. Performed at the factory.
** Some of the listed capacity on a Flash storage device is used for formatting and other functions and thus is not available for data storage. As such, the actual available capacity for data storage is less than what is listed on the products. For more information, go to Kingston’sÂ Flash Memory Guide.
*** Speed may vary due to host hardware, software and usage.
**** First free drive letters after physical devices such as system partition, optical drives, etc.
|Kingston DataTraveler Locker+ G3|
|Part Number||Capacity and Features|
|DTLPG3/8GB||8GBÂ DataTraveler Locker+ G3Â USB Flash Drive|
|DTLPG3/16GB||16GBÂ DataTraveler Locker+ G3Â USB Flash Drive|
|DTLPG3/32GB||32GBÂ DataTraveler Locker+ G3Â USB Flash Drive|
|DTLPG3/64GB||64GBÂ DataTraveler Locker+ G3Â USB Flash Drive|
|Operating System||USB 3.0||USB 2.0|
|WindowsÂ®Â 7 (SP1)||Yes||Yes|
|Windows VistaÂ®Â (SP2)||Yes||Yes|
|Windows XP (SP3)||Yes||Yes|
|Mac OS X v.10.6.x â€“ 10.9.x||Yes||Yes|