Yes you heard it right, Team 17’s latest reiteration of it’s hit game, Worms: Reloaded is now out in Steam. I was one of the few who pre-ordered the game and I got in earlier than the supposed release date (Aug. 26). Worms: Reloaded comes with a lot of added content. It provides more single player experiences which the armageddon lacked
Here’s the list key-features the game has:
EXTENSIVE SINGLE-PLAYER CONTENT:
- Campaign mode. Play through 35 single-player missions as well as 30 more in the Warzone Campaign that is tuned for advanced players.
- Bodycount mode! How will you survive with having just one worm pitched against never ending spawning enemy worms that get increasingly tougher? Compete against friends in the scored leaderboard.
- Training Mode. Comprehensive tactics tutorage that includes 3 tutorials and 3 different firing ranges.
ONLINE AND LOCAL MULTI-PLAYER:
- Up to 4-player online and local multiplayer action – with Steamworks support, for pain free game updates, friends-lists, leaderboards, achievements and chat.
- Leaderboards! Multiple different leaderboards to track different game types and stats. These can be sorted globally or by friends enabling and encouraging competition between friends.
MASSIVELY INCREASED CUSTOMISATION:
- Wild customisation and personalization – change appearance of worm skin, choose victory dances, gravestones, voices, HUD, title and over 70 different cute, funny and downright stupid hats!
- Shop â€˜til you drop! Players can buy hats, landscapes, weapons, missions, forts and gravestones with currency awarded for completing single player campaigns.
- Over 70 speechbanks – 50 re-mastered from the classics and over 20 new speech banks including the insane Cheese sound set!
- A range of great classic and new custom levels to play on, plus make your own!
NEW FULLY FEATURED LANDSCAPE CREATION TOOL:
- Fully featured landscape editor including the welcome return of bridges and the ability to import your own custom levels into game so you can share your creation with friends and play online. Add your own start positions, mines and scheme to effectively create wild new play modes and styles of game.
- All new vertical landscapes â€“ to take the battle to new heights!
- The scheme editor enables the changing of all aspects of the game to fit your own style, including new random objects such as the sentry guns and electro magnets, and a new fire hazard.
WORMSâ„¢ WEAPONRY AND UTILITIES:
- 47 weapons and utilities including classic weapons from Wormsâ„¢, Wormsâ„¢ 2, Armageddon, World Party and the recent Open Warfare series as well as 14 brand new weapons!
- New weapons include Super Bunker Buster, Ferrets, Poison Strike, Worship, Sentry Gun, Electromagnet, Buffalo of Lies plus new persistent fire and surprise Easter Eggs!
- Classic Weapons returning include Armageddon, Concrete Donkey, Napalm Strike and yes, the Holy Hand Grenade!
- Select from a range of classic Wormsâ„¢ game modes and new modes for this edition – Crate/Shopper modes, BnG (Bazooka and Grenade), Forts and Rope Racing.
- Use the customisation tools to make your own mode!
HIGH DEFINITION VISUALS:
- 13 HD graphical themes for millions of random levels – never play the same game twice!
- Wormsâ„¢ has never looked this good with all new High Definition landscape artwork – based on the most loved Wormsâ„¢ game ever made.
- Widescreen support, optional blur effect for backgrounds, 16 specially designed forts for the fantastic Fort mode.
PC SPECIFIC CONTROLS:
- User defined controls with classic settings as standard.
- Function key support for fast access to common weapons.
- Works with compatible USB gamepad.
- It also runs on all modern Windows Operating Systems.
As of this moment I’m still trying out the game and would probably do a full-blown review later on. So if anyone’s got steam you can just add me up, here’s my ID you can drop me a hi and you can add me as well :D