Not surprisingly, the latest World of Warcraft update, Cataclysm has broken Blizzard sales. The game has sold 3.3 million copies within 24 hours breaking the record of 2.8 million sales by the previous WoW update, Wrath of the Lich king. Cataclysm’s day one says even beat Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty, according to senior vice president of merchandising of GameStop, Bob Mckenzie.
Here’s what Cataclysm has to offer for those who are unfamiliar with the changes:
Two New Playable Races
Level Cap Increased to 85
- Earn new abilities, tap into new talents, and progress through the path system, a new way for players to improve characters.
Classic Zones Remade
- Familiar zones across the original continents of Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms have been altered forever and updated with new content, from the devastated Badlands to the broken Barrens, which has been sundered in two.
New High-Level Zones
- Explore newly opened parts of the world, including Uldum, Grim Batol, and the great Sunken City of Vashj’ir beneath the sea.
More Raid Content than Ever Before
- Enjoy more high-level raid content than previous expansions, with optional more challenging versions of all encounters.
New Race and Class Combinations
- Explore Azeroth as a gnome priest, blood elf warrior, or one of the other never-before-available race and class combinations.
- Progress as a guild to earn guild levels and guild achievements.
New PvP Zone & Rated Battlegrounds
- Take on PvP objectives and daily quests on Tol Barad Island, a new Wintergrasp-like zone, and wage war in all-new rated Battlegrounds.
- Master a new secondary profession to unearth valuable artifacts and earn unique rewards.
Flying Mounts in Azeroth
- Explore Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms like never before.