Feral Interactive today announced that Life is Strange®: Before the Storm™, a beautifully-written three-part adventure game, will be released for macOS and Linux this spring. Originally developed by Deck Nine and published by Square Enix on console and Windows PC, Life is Strange: Before the Storm is a standalone story set three years before 2015’s left-field hit Life is Strange.
Players become Chloe Price, a rebellious sixteen-year-old who forms an unlikely friendship with Rachel Amber, a popular student destined for success. When Rachel learns a family secret that threatens to destroy her world, it is her newfound friendship with Chloe that gives her strength. No longer alone, Chloe and Rachel must confront each other’s demons and find a way to overcome them.
- Choice and consequence driven narrative adventure.
- Multiple endings depending on the choices players make.
- ‘Backtalk’ is a risk/reward conversation mode that allows Chloe to use her barbed tongue to provoke or get her way.
- Players will make their mark on the world with witty tags and drawings.
- Players will choose Chloe’s outfit and see how people react to their look.
- Distinct licensed indie soundtrack and original score by Daughter.
The game will also be available as Life is Strange: Before the Storm – Deluxe Edition, which comprises all three episodes along with all additional content including the bonus episode “Farewell”.
ADVERTISEMENT. SCROLL TO CONTINUE READING.
“With its tough yet vulnerable protagonist, Life is Strange: Before the Storm is a poignant evocation of teenage life,” said David Stephen, Managing Director of Feral Interactive. “The atmospheric soundtrack, sharp writing and captivating story combine to create an engrossing and moving game, and we very are excited for macOS and Linux players to experience it.”
Pricing and system requirements will be confirmed closer to release.