Streets of Rage, known in Japan as Bare Knuckle, is a beat’em up game series developed by SEGA in the 1990’s and considered to be one of the best in its genre. Streets of Rage 4 builds upon the classic trilogy’s gameplay with new mechanics, a fresh story and a gauntlet of dangerous stages. Seven months after the initial release on Steam, the Linux version is now available. It was ported to Linux by Ethan Lee who also ported Bastion, Pyre, and Transistor to Linux.
The game features:
- Beautiful graphics fully hand-drawn animated by the studio behind Wonder Boy: The Dragon’s Trap.
- Classic gameplay enhanced with brand new mechanics.
- Soundtrack by a wide line-up of world-class musicians.
- 5 main playable characters and many unlockable retro characters.
- 12 unique stages
- 2 players online co-op, and up to 4 players locally.
- Story mode, Arcade mode, Battle mode.
Streets of Rage 4 can be purchased at Steam and currently has 30% discount.