Another week of breathtaking CD-R King product overview! Today, we will be looking at one of their cheapest (actually the cheapest) router available. It’s the Wireless-N Broadband Router (WR-NET-021-ZI). I really had to include the model code since majority of their routers are called “Wireless-N Broadband Router” so we can distinguish which is which.
Luckily enough, we have a sample product of the said router on our hands and we can actually do an overview of it.
Product link: WR-NET-021-ZI
- Complies with IEEE 802.11n and IEEE 802.11g/b standards for 2.4GHz Wireless LAN
- Up to 150Mbps wireless speed.
- Supports PPPoE,Dynamic IP and static IP broadband functions
- Supports 64/128-bit WEP, WPA/WPA2 and 802.1x encryption
- Supports Virtual Server, Special Application and DMZ host
- Supports IP, MAC,URL filtering and Port forwarding.
- Built-in DHCP server/client
- WDS mode makes it simple for WLAN expansion
- Supports WMM for improved audio and video streaming
- Connects to secure network easily and fast using WPS
- Supports port bandwidth control
- Easy to install and configure
- 4*100BaseTX (Audio MD/MDIX) LAN Ports
- 1*100BaseTX (Audio MD/MDIX) WAN Port
- Power Supply: 5-9V DC/0.5A
- LED: 1*Power,1*CPU,1*WAN,4*LAN,
- Antenna: 1*5dBi external antenna
Operating Tenperature: 0Â°C-40Â°C (32Â°F-104Â°F)
Storage Temperature: -40Â°-70Â°C (-40Â°F-158Â°F)
Operating Humidity: 10%~90% non-condensing
- Standards: IEEE 802.11n,IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11b
- Frequency: 2.4-2.4835GHz
- Data Rate:
802.11n: up to 150Mbps
802.11g: up to 54Mbps (dynamic)
802.11b: up to 11Mbps (dynamic)
- Wireless Security: 64/128-bit WEP, WPA/WPA2 and 802.1x
- Output Power: 20dBm (Max)
- Channels: 1-11(North America), 1-13 (General Europe), 1-14 (Japan)
Modulation Type: DBPSK, DQPSK, CCK and OFDM (BPSK, QPSK, 16-QAM/64-QAM)
- Receiver Sensitivity:
135M: -65 [email protected]% PER
54M: -68 [email protected]% PER
11M: -85 [email protected]% PER
6M: -88 [email protected]% PER
11M: -90 [email protected]% PER
- WAN Type: Dynamic IP/Static IP/ PPPoE
- Wireless: Virtual Server/ WPS/WDS/ Repeater
Default IP Address: 192.168.1.1
Real talk: In my most humblest opinion, this router actually works for small households but people who live in a huge house will surely have problem with this router. For my, my house is not that quite big so the router itself fits with my wireless needs at home however, signal drops dramatically from 100% to 40% when a device connected to it is about 10 feet away. Well don’t expect much from the cheapest router available. I mean, for that price. It WORKS!
Another thing to take note about this router is that you have to restart it everytime you turn off or unplug your internet and it requires power cycle. The funny thing is that CD-R king was generous enough to include a..I dunno…1 ruler long RJ45 cable to go with it. Haha.
Last but not the least, I would like to emphasize that it works but don’t expect much. The features that you get from high-end routers is on a different scale compared to this little router. For me personally, as long as it is capable of wireless connectivity and offers few ports for LAN, then it’s worth the price.
If you are subscribed to any 1mbps up to 3mbps plan from any ISP in the Philippines and live in a small household then this router is for you. If you’re an effing rich person who lives in a house with 5 bedrooms, 10 bathrooms, have 3 dogs with their own iPads, so on and so forth, go get yourself another router.