New World’s in-game currency is gold, which you can buy items like weapons, armor, and houses. Gold can also be used to purchase settlements. To fortify your territory for upcoming Wars, you must invest in upgrades. Company-controlled territories allow them to determine how much gold they’ll receive each time that territory is used for different activities, such as selling Fibers from Hemp at Trading Posts or smelting Iron Ingots.
Gold Acquisition Methods
Completing Main and Side Story Quests is the conventional method for acquiring gold. Every mission provides you with at least 50 gold, which can rise to 80+ depending on your level. The other types of quests, such as faction missions and town projects, also grant New World coins, although the amount is significantly lower than the first two.
Using the Trading Post
We need to understand how the Trading Post works before talking about Trade Skills and materials you should keep farming since this is where you’ll earn lots of gold during early and late levels.
You can buy and sell items on this site, including potions, weapons, and gathering tools. It allows you to sell anything you have, gathers, or craft. There is an economy and a Trading Post for each territory.
To determine the ideal location for conducting your business, you should always check the price fluctuations of these items. The Trading Post is very useful since you can see the territories with the lowest and highest prices by selecting them under “Show orders at,” located on your screen on the upper right. However, there will be a limitation since you can’t buy or sell anything unless you run or fast travel to that area.
Making money with trade skills
You must level up your Trade Skills while completing quests in addition to your character and weapon mastery levels. Trade Skills in New World are Crafting, Refining, and Gathering. During the early game, you need to focus on reaching Level 50 for each Gathering Skill since your operations are based. Furthermore, it’ll come in handy for crafting better gear later on.
It would help if you upgraded your Flint Tools to Iron before you can keep raising your Gathering Skills. Additionally, you acquire 30% more material due to improved gathering speed.
To further boost your gathering speed by 120%, you can aim to upgrade to Steel Tools soon. Spending your Territory Standing Points on Gather is another great and easy way to improve this. It is especially important if most of your intended resources are located within the same region.
Once you know what resources and routes you will follow, the gathering is fairly quick. Hemp and Iron Deposits are popular right now, which will greatly improve your mining and harvesting skills.
The top items in demand right now
You need to consider the materials in demand right now when choosing the resources you’ll sell. They include Town Projects, gathering tools, bags, food buffs, furniture, and jewelry.
- A player will frequently buy ingredients to complete Town Projects because this is one of the best ways to gain XP quickly.
It’s important to study the routes for obtaining resources, like rations, raw food, and iron ingots, to get them in a short amount of time. Since most players, especially those rushing to level up, would be willing to pay gold for these, stocking up on them is a good idea.
- Secondly, there are bags and tools. It’s already in high demand since these two items enable you to gather the resources you need while increasing the amount of items you can carry at the same time. You can sell Iron Tools and then Steel Tools if you are starting before going onto Starmetal Tools. Azoth’s arrival beforehand also increases the likelihood of gaining Perks, which will increase the gear’s rarity and make it more expensive.
- The third type is health and mana potions, which players always need, especially in higher-level content like expeditions and wars, instead of hunting for their ingredients.
- A fourth category is food buffs, which are essential to any activity. You can also eat foods like Cooked Corn to improve your Harvesting Luck to obtain rare ingredients. The gathering is also a source of income for others who use this method.
- The fifth category is furniture for the house. You will be able to craft furniture for others to decorate their homes. It’s something to consider later on, especially when most players already own homes. You can also produce storage chests for those of us who hoard things like me.