Huawei has been knocking on custom PC hardware ever since they announced their plans for their own OS and they have been working fervently to realize that ever since. With their own custom software and custom hardware, its been quite busy in Huawei lately. As much as the US sees Huawei as a backdoor for China and their counter-intelligence operation, China sees Microsoft and their Windows operating system as a backdoor for the US to China. HarmonyOS is Huawei’s custom OS which nearly saw its premature debut when the trade ban started and Android was limited on Chinese phones. HarmonyOS development still proceeded and development on hardware is ongoing as well.
A reputable source from Weibo revealed that Huawei is intent on launching custom PCs for the Chinese market soon. Huawei is working closely with Chinese regions and cities to be their supplier for their IT infrastructure and solutions. Those solutions from Huawei is planned to heavily involved HarmonyOS together with their Kunpeng Desktop Board.
Kunpeng Motherboard Specs
- Processor – Kunpeng 920 processor with 4/8 cores running at 2.6 GHz
- Storage – 6xSATA 3.0 hard drive interfaces, 2xM.2 SSD slots
- Memory – 4xDDR4-2400 UDIMM slots, maximum capacity 64 GB
- PCIe Expansion – 1xPCIe 3.0 x16, 1xPCIe 3.0 x4, and 1xPCIe 3.0 x1 slots
- Networking – 2xLOM NIC, supporting GE network ports or optical ports
- USB – 4xUSB 3.0 and 4xUSB 2.0