Thanks to a industry-wide push, small form factor cases are now finding their way into more and more homes and are becoming a viable choice for gamers for their size. These very people have then since voiced out numerous improvements that could be integrated with the new ITX cases. Support for watercooling, removable cages and many more have since then been a standard for these new enclosures and have opened up a ton of possibilities for modders to have fun with.
Not that many companies dabble in this market though with a few notable names ranking in the top choice for ITX chassis. Joining the ranks recently is Aerocool with their latest branding of products which includes a new series of fans and chassis. Today we’ll take a look at the Aerocool Dead Silence (DS) Cube chassis designed for ITX and mATX motherboards. That’s right, instead of a dedicated model for both standards Aerocool saw it fit to design a product to accommodate both with no modification required.
Here’s some quick specs and feature list:
- Super-Silent cube gaming case solidly built with 0.8mm SGCC to block out most of the noise.
- Leather coated front and top panels with smooth surface finishing
- Removable top cover for easy access to Motherboard
- Completely removable ODD+FDD rack for ease of installing water cooling system
- Supports a complete 240mm water cooling system on the top panel
- Patented 3.5″ HDD tray design for ease of installation
- Pre-drilled holes for cable management to reduce cable mess
- Pre-drilled water cooling holes
- Supports internal 3×3.5″HDD and 2×2.5″HDD/SSD.
- Supports high-end graphic card up to 320mm
- Supports max. CPU cooler height of 190mm
- Supports max. PSU length of 160mm
- Super-silent 20cm fan(600 RPM) and 12cm fan (800RPM) included for front and rear cooling
- Supports up to 2x12cm or 2x14cm fans on top panel
- Removable PSU dust filter for easy cleaning
- Shock-proof rubber for 3.5″ & 2.5″ HDDs and PSU
- 2x USB2.0 / 2x USB3.0/ HD Audio & Mic
- Interchangeable top cover design. Both plastic top cover (Silence version) and Mesh top cover are included.
|Case Type||Cube Case|
|Motherboards||Micro ATX/ Mini ITX|
|Case Dimensions||Chassis only:265mm (W) x 328mm (H) x 352mm (D)
Overal: 265mm (W) x 411mm (H) x 381mm (D)
|Drive Bays||External Â 5.25″ bay x 1
External FDDÂ 3.5″ bay x 1 (can also install 1×3.5″ if no FDD installed)
Internal HDD tray x 2 (for 2.5″ or 3.5″)
Internal HDD rack x 1 (for 2 x 2.5″)
|Max length space available for PCI slots||320mm(350mm -without front fan)|
|I/O Ports||2 x USB2.0 + 2 x USB3.0 / HD Audio+Mic|
|Height limit for CPU coolers||Support Max. height of 190mm for CPU cooler (200mm – without top fans)|