Last time, we confirmed that we will indeed be showing up at this year’s Toys, Hobbies and Collectibles Convention. We also said that we’ll be holding on site tournaments for Super Street Fighter IV and Marvel VS Capcom 3. As you can see, we’ve called our little event Back2Beatdown, courtesy of our esteemed colleague, Edward. It’s basically two tournaments for two games spread out across ToyCon’s run at the Megatrade Halls this weekend. So, if you think you’ve got the skills, come on over and find us on the show floor to sign up. Tournament rules are right after the jump.
- Registration is FREE, but on a first come, first serve basis, with a maximum of 16 participants per game. Registration for each game will take place on the day of their respective tournaments.
- The games featured for Back2Beatdown are Super Street Fighter IV for Saturday (This isn’t AE yet. Sorry, twins users.) and Marvel VS Capcom 3 for Sunday.
- Participants may only join ONE tournament of their choosing. Everyone deserves a fair chance, right? So choose your battles wisely.
- Upon registration, players will also have to pre-register their characters or teams of choice. For SSF IV, up to two (2) characters may be pre-registered, and two(2) teams for MVC3.
- The matches for both games will be best out of three (3) sets, with a race to two (2) rounds for Super Street Fighter IV.
- Both tournaments start at 3PM sharp. Participants must be present either at the start of the tournament proper or by the time their respective matches begin. If not, you forfeit your position and your opponent wins by default.
- Most importantly, HAVE FUN!
Tournament winners will be the proud recipients of some cool swag courtesy of Razer (1st place winners will get a razer t-shirt, a flashing pendant and a l33t pack while 2nd placers would get a l33t pack and a flashing pendant), and the roaring cheers, rose petal showers, and adulation of the crowds at ToyCon 2011. So, mark your calendars and we’ll see you there.