Valve and IceFrog have announced that they will soon release a new update that is going to bring the DOTA2 matchmaking system together with some changes and new features. Don’t jump to any conclusions yet like “Noobs will bring me down“. DOTA 2’s ranked system is an interesting one and very well planned so you won’t be playing up with bunch of beginners.
The next major update will add a ranked matchmaking feature to the game. This mode is aimed at experienced players who want to play in a more competitive environment and know their matchmaking rating (MMR). Dota 2 matchmaking has always calculated MMR and used it to form matches; in ranked matchmaking we make that MMR visible. – Valve
Here are some general things that you need to know about ranked matchmaking:
- Ranked matchmaking is unlocked after approximately 150 games.
- All players in the party must have unlocked the mode.
- Currently, only All Pick, Captains Mode, and Captains Draft are available.
- You may not participate in ranked matchmaking while in the low priority pool.
- Coaches are not allowed in ranked matchmaking.
- Matches played in normal matchmaking do not impact your ranked matchmaking MMR, and vice versa.
- Your ranked MMR is visible only to you and your friends. The MMR used for normal matchmaking is not visible.
- When you first start using ranked matchmaking, you will enter a calibration phase of 10 games. During this time, your ranked MMR will not be visible.
Time to take things far more seriously I guess.Â If you want to know more about it, read it here: