ASUS in recent years has established itself as the top brand in the consumer PC space and its really hard to argue with that. In the PC component market this status is further testified by ASUS’ positioning of their Republic of Gamers product line which up to now is highly revered in the community. One thing though that makes these ROG boards so out-of-reach for the average gamer is their price range. For the entire history of the ROG line, these products have been slapped with price tags that match their status. For the most part, this is justified but the fact remains that the problem is there: ROG is not consumer-friendly.
ASUS has responded to these cries for an affordable ROG motherboard and today we have exactly just that: the most affordable full-sized ATX motherboard from the Republic of Gamers line. The ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO, together with the MAXIMUS VI IMPACT, are the latest entries in this royal family of motherboards. We’ll see for ourselves if the MAXIMUS VI HERO lives up to the Republic of Gamers standards.
- LGA1150 socket for 4th Generation IntelÂ®Coreâ„¢ i7/ i5/ i3/ PentiumÂ® / CeleronÂ® Processors
- IntelÂ® Z87 Express Chipset
- SupremeFXÂ – Supremacy through discrete-caliber audio
- Sonic RadarÂ – Scan and detect to dominate
- Extreme Engine Digi+ IIIÂ – Hardcore power delivery with premium components
- GameFirst II + Intel LANÂ – Put Your Frags First